If you’re wondering if the GoDaddy can help you easily build a beautiful and functional site, then this GoDaddy website builder review will answer your question.
If you haven’t heard of GoDaddy, where have you been hiding? (Just kidding)
GoDaddy is the largest domain name registrar in the world, and offers one of the most comprehensive set of website building tools to its customers.
They manage over 60 million domain names (a domain name is just a website address, such as www.google.com), has more than 13 million paying customers (not free users, but people who actually happily pay), and has a very strong 24/7, 365 days customer support system (we can confirm this based on our own experiences).
So why are we highlighting all these points? It’s just to set a stage for you to understand who you are dealing with here. GoDaddy is a very strong, reputable company that has been playing Super Bowl ads for many years.
So if you are considering using GoDaddy website builder to create your website, rest assured that you are relying on a well established company with a very strong reputation for support (more on this below).
Whether you can build a good website with their tools is a completely different discussion, which is why you’re reading this GoDaddy website builder review, right?
# Top 3 Pros & Cons
- Easy to Use with Professional Design Themes – GoDaddy builder has avery intuitive user interface, so you won’t get overwhelmed with a lot of useless bells and whistles. All their tools are drag & drop (such as inserting images, slideshows, contact forms, etc), so you can position them any where on your website without any restrictions.GoDaddy also gives you over 300 professional looking templates, all pre-populated with content so it makes it easy for you to build out your website (this is exceptionally helpful if you don’t know where to start!) You just have to replace their pre-populated content (such as text and images) with your own and you’re ready to go. If you want to adjust the design and layout, it’s quite easy as you can just drag content around or add new pages. The user interface is smooth and easy to use.
- 24/7/365 Phone, Live Chat and Email Support – GoDaddy has a good reputation for providing very strong support to its customers. When we say “strong”, we mean you can pick up your phone, call them any time and they willactually answer! Their website will show you how long it takes before you get through to them, and in our experiences the average is about 5 – 10 minutes which is really good.You can also engage in live chat, or if you’re not in a huge rush, you can submit a support ticket (email) in which they will get back to you in about 10 to 15 hours. So if you’re in a bit of a rush, phone support or live chat.As far as website builders go, GoDaddy has the best support system available to you.
- Create Backup Points & Restore Function – GoDaddy website builder allows you to create backup copies of your website whenever you want. So you can save multiple copies / versions of your website, just in case if you make a mistake and want to restore to a previous version of your website.This is a very powerful function that no other website builders offer, and can come in very handy to you if you accidentally saved some changes that you didn’t intend to. You can save multiple versions of your website so you’re not restricted to restoring only the most recent version. Backups are important, we’ve all felt the pain of not having that option!
# Godaddy Website Builder is Good For ?
Based on our GoDaddy website builder review, if you are a small business owner, designer, musician, restaurant owner, a professional (lawyer, finance, accounting) who want to build a website that’s creative, GoDaddy should be able to help you.
As mentioned in the Top 3 Pros section above, GoDaddy website builder is easy to use, minimalistic (in a good way) and comes with great support. This enables you to quickly and efficiently gain an online presence, so you can focus on other busier parts of your life.
Technology can be a bit (or very!) painful at times, so having a strong, contactable support team to help you, and having the ability to make multiple backup versions of your website, can make your life a lot easier.
As mentioned under one of the drawbacks above, is that if you think that the majority of your visitors will be visiting you through their smartphones, then perhaps another website builder with stronger mobile interfaces will suit you better.
Also, if you want to build an e-commerce online store, here are a few better options that can help you accomplish that.
# Easy for use
GoDaddy website builder is a true drag & drop interface, so you can insert content on pretty much anywhere on the website (you can even overlap content if you really want to).
The platform is a WYSIWYG (which stands for What You See Is What You Get) builder, so whatever you insert into the website editor, will show up the same way once you publish your website.
The way GoDaddy lays out its builder is quite visually friendly. Their tool bar is neatly laid out on the left hand side, and you can even hide it to maximize your screen real estate for better editing. They only have one single tool bar to keep things simple and minimalistic which is nice. So you don’t have to dig around forever to find things.
As mentioned as one of the Pros above, in addition to phone, live chat and email support, GoDaddy has an extensive support library / documentation, so if you’re unsure of anything, you can always search for help in their support library (more on this below).
Overall, we found GoDaddy a lot easier to use than some other website builders in the market. They may not have as many bells and whistles, but the benefit to you is that they give you the necessary, core website building tools to get the job done without cluttering things up.
If you want a more advanced website builder that comes with a lot more tools and features, I’d recommend you check out Wix or Squarespace. Both are great website builders, and have a lot of tools that you might not find with GoDaddy.
# Themes Option
GoDaddy gives you over 300 templates to pick from, designed specifically for various industry categories such as business, finance, law, education, health & beauty, music / entertainment, charity, design portfolio, family, wedding, real estate, restaurant, recreation, etc.
So the chances of you finding a design theme that suits your needs is pretty good.
As discussed above, one of the positive things about GoDaddy’s themes is that they come structured and pre-populated with content (which form part of the overall design of their themes), making it easy for you to just insert replace the content with your own.
GoDaddy website builder is slightly different from some other website builders in that it does not offer you a free plan, nor do they have a limited time trial program.
However, they do have a 45 days no questions asked refund period if you sign up to their annual plans, or a 48 hours refund period if you sign up to their monthly plans. In our view, this removes a lot of the risks from you, should you decide that their builder isn’t suitable for you.
GoDaddy website builder offers 3 plans:
- Personal – $5.99 per month (currently on sale for $1.00 / month)
- Business – $9.99 per month (currently on sale for $4.99 / month)
- Business Plus – $14.99 per month (currently on sale for $7.49 / month)
The pricing for the plans are in line with other website builders with similar capabilities for the Personal and Business plans.
The highest plan (Business Plus) is actually cheaper than other website builder’s highest plans. The main reason for this is probably due to the fact that other website builders provide you with e-commerce tools for their highest plans, while GoDaddy doesn’t (as discussed above).
In addition to getting website building tools, GoDaddy also gives you a free domain name which has a market value of around $12 per year.
I hope you liked the Review .
If you have still some Questions to ask than feel free to Ask In Comment Box.